Chemical Dependency Evaluation in Burnsville MN
A Chemical Dependency Evaluation (CD Evaluation) is an assessment interview conducted by a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC).
Meet an expert Burnsville Chemical Dependency Evaluator
Michael works in Burnsville, is the author of A Frenzied Mind: Clarifying the science behind addictive disorders, is an addiction treatment expert, and a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) in Minnesota. He can be reached at 1-612-249-3656.
Michael was trained in Chemical Dependency Evaluations at Harvard, where he has awarded a psychology degree and spent years researching addiction treatment with some of the world’s leading doctors and professors. Michael will show you the same level of respect expected from any other medical professional. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance and Michael will incorporate your input during the Chemical Dependency assessment.
What is Chemical Dependency?
Chemical Dependency (also sometimes called alcoholism or addiction) is a term that signals a person has developed a problem with alcohol or another drug. Chemical Dependency is formally diagnosed by mental health professions as “substance use disorders.” Here is the diagnosing criteria:
- Taking the substance in larger amounts and for longer than intended
- Wanting to cut down or quit substance use but not being able to do so
- Spending a lot of time obtaining a substance
- Craving or a strong desire to use a substance
- Repeatedly being unable to carry out major obligations at work, school, or home due to substance use
- Continued use despite persistent or recurring social or relationship problems caused or made worse by substance use
- Stopping or reducing important social, occupational, or recreational activities due to substance use
- Recurrent use of a substance in physically hazardous situations
- Consistent use of a substance despite the acknowledgment of persistent or recurrent physical or psychological difficulties
- Tolerance as defined by either a need for increased amounts of a substance to achieve a desired effect, or a diminished effect when the same amount of a substance is used
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms
A minimum of 2-3 criteria is required for a mild substance use disorder diagnosis, while 4-5 would lead to a moderate diagnosis, and 6 or more leads to a severe Substance Use Disorder diagnosis.
Call (612) 249-3656 to schedule your Burnsville, MN Chemical Dependency Evaluation.